Once you’ve gone, we know it can be hard to imagine how everything you own will be sorted between those you love. So, that’s why we’re here to help you through the process of probate.
So, what is probate?
Probate means that once a person has passed, it is the process in which their estate is collected. This handover is done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Probate also authorises them to deal with any affairs after the passing and it is essential to ensure that the grant for the probate has been obtained.
Here at Haigh’s solicitors, we sympathise with our clients and understand that it can be stressful. Which is why we provide a smooth and efficient to carry out a full administration of the estate.
- Identifying all the assets and liabilities of the deceased
- Applying for the Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration
- Contacting the relevant banks, building societies, insurance companies, government department and creditors
- Dealing with Inheritance tax and other tax matters
- Valuations of properties, personal possessions, and shares
- Assisting with the sale of any assets
- Dealing with unpaid debts
- Distributing the assets
Based in Mirfield, we provide a service which is second to none. Whether it be a query you have or advice we're here to help.
Telephone: 01924 489197